FAQ’s for participants
The virtual congress platform can be accessed via any device that can be connected to the internet via an internet browser. This can be your laptop, smartphone or tablet.
The EHSF 2022 meeting platform is easily accessible for all participants. To access the platform, all you need is a device with audio function (laptop, tablet or smartphone) and a stable internet connection.
For the best user experience, we recommend using the latest version of Google Chrome. Other browsers such as Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer 11+ can also be used.
An internet connection with a stable bandwidth of at least 4Mbit upload and download is required. A wired LAN connection is preferable to a wireless WLAN. If your Internet connection is shared with several people, inform the relevant people not to use the Internet intensively (e.g. streaming, downloads, etc.) during the meeting.
Yes, the EHSF 2022 meeting platform can be used mobileand is automatically formatted for playback on most mobile devices. Just log in on your mobile device. We cannot guarantee compatibility with every mobile device as the requirements for the operating system often vary.
Yes, you need an active internet connection. It is necessary that you are online and logged in to be able to call up the contents of the virtual EHSF 2022. Please also note that you can only be logged in on one device.
1. Windows PC or Mac (tablet PC e.g. Windows, iPad or Android tablet)
2. We recommend the latest browser version:- Google Chrome (version 75 or newer)- Firefox (version 75 or newer)- Microsoft Edge (version 75 or newer)- Apple Safari (version 12 or newer)
3. Regardless of the type of browser you have, you must allow cookies.
Shortly before the event, all registered participants will receive an access email with a link and password for the congress platform.
The certification for the annual 11th Conference of the European Hidradenitis Suppurativa Foundation has been applied for at the European Accreditation Council
for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME). More detailed information will follow soon.
FAQ’s for speakers
Guidelines for recording your presentation using Zoom
- Your computer with either Windows or MacOs.
- Your PowerPoint or Keynote presentation.
- Internet connection.
- Headphones and a microphone.
- Download and install the „Zoom Client for Meetings“ Software from https://zoom.us/support/download if your haven’t already.
- Double click on „Start Zoom“ to launch the application.
- Sign in. If you don’t have an account click „Sign Up Free“.
- After signing in, you will see the Home tab.
- IMPORTANT: Before starting a meeting please go to settings on the gear icon on the top-right corner.
Select the camera you want Zoom to use. The event will be streamed in 16:9 image format and in full HD resolution. Optimum quality is achivied if your presentation video is also available in this form.
Set your microphone and speaker, test them, and adjust their volume.
Verify the location for your local recordings and change it if necessary.
Select „Optimize for 3rd party video editor“.
Select „Record video during screen sharing“.
Select „Place video next to the shared screen in the recording“.
Schedule enough time to test
(Zoom can cut your session short if you’re using a free account)
- Close all applications except Zoom and your presentation.
- In the Zoom Client, start a new meeting from the „Home Tab“.
- Click „Share Screen“ in the meeting controls.
- Select your presentation window, select the „Share Computer Sound“ checkbox and click the „Share“ button on the right. A green border.
- IMPORTANT: Please be sure to maximize the small floating window showing the webcam video to make it as large as possible. Do so by dragging the bottom-left corner of the window as wide as it can go.
Note: This setting has a direct impact on the recorded video layout and will have a negative impact on the recording if not set properly.
- While sharing, switch the presentation software into slide show/ presentation mode.
- In order to ensure that the webcam video does not overlap with your view to the slides, click in the center of the black bar at the top of the video screen and drag it to the bottom-right corner of your screen. Do not simply minimise this screen as this will affect the recording of you in the final video.
Having the webcam video partially off screen will not impact on the recording of you in the final video. The final video will display your slides to one side of the screen and the recording of your webcam to the other.
(we recommend to start a new Zoom session to record)
- Start the recording in the Meeting Control -> More-> Record.
- Give your lecture and please make sure you do not go over your allotted time.
- Once you finish your lecture, end the meeting by clicking on the right-bottom corner red button „END“>“End Meeting for all“. The recording will stopp automatically.
- After the meeting has ended, Zoom will convert the recording so you can access the files. If you have trouble finding your recorded video file, return to the Zoom Home tab, select „Meetings“ and your recorded files on the left.
- Locate the .mp4 file oft he recording and open it.
NOTE: We will edit the beginning and end of the video for you so that it will play only from the start and end of your lecture.
- Review your lecture.
- Are both the video on the right and the presentation on the left visible?
- Is the audio clear?
- Are you happy with the overall lecture?
- If you are happy with your video, please open the link provided to you in the email regarding these guidelines and upload ypur presentation (mp4. file!)
- If you are not happy with your video, please go back to the beginning of this section and record it again.
Instructions and Guidelines for Uploading your presentation
Instructions and Guidelines for Uploading
You can find your personal upload area for your presentations in your email.
The deadline for the submission is on Thursday, 03. February 2022.
After succesfully navigating to the upload website, you can either drag and drop your files (max. 1GB) onto the website or click on the round + symbol in the top left corner, click on the menu item „Upload file“ and then select the files you want to upload from your computer.
For each program item allocated to you during the event, please submit all files required for a proper presentation. If you are presenting several items, please upload the appropriate number of presentations into your upload area. Make sure that all files are named clearly and comprehensibly and repeat the upload procedure described above for each of your presentations.
If you encounter problems during the upload of your files, please send an email describing your problem to email@example.com.
Thank you again for your abstract submission. We would like to remind you to upload your poster via the abstract submission system until January 26th 2022. Further details on how to prepare and upload your poster can be found below.
Please offer your poster as a PDF.
The following specifications must be considered:
- The aspect ratio of your poster (PDF file) is DIN A0 in portrait orientation
- By sending us your material, you accept the publication of your material at the Virtual 11th CONFERENCE of the European Hidradenitis Supporativa Foundation e.V.
- To submit your poster/presentation, please log in to the abstract system and navigate to the “Your Submissions” section within the left side menu. Each listed abstract contains an “Upload” button which will open a form to upload your file.
- PDF poster file specifications:
- aspect ratio: DIN A0
- orientation: portrait
- resolution: 72 DPI minimum
- the file size should not exceed 5 – 10 MB
- Please include conflict of interest disclosure information at the end of your presentation.
In addition to your prepared presentation, we would like to ask you to be available online in the time of your presentation slot to reply to comments timely. There is no live chat.
We would like to remind you, that the registration for the conference is mandatory for presenting authors. If you or your presenting author have not registered yet for the conference you still have the possibility to register online (https://www.mci-online.org/secure/conreg_ehsf2022/registration).
Please note that submitting an abstract does not constitute a registration for the event.